directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Solaris x86 installer - headless
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 21:03:16 GMT
Graham Leggett wrote:
> Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
>> Sorry I've been horible with email but as we already discussed at
>> ApacheCon there is no solaris pkg for ApacheDS.  Perhaps we should
>> consider making a tarball and a pkg for solaris platforms.
>
> I did the Solaris package scripts for httpd, apr and subversion, I can
> see what I can do for this - what tool did you use for packaging, I
> remember you said it was a maven plugin?

Yeah it's a custom Maven plugin that I wrote a while back.  The thing
has no documentation :(.  The code is located over here if you want to
take a look?

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/trunks/daemon/plugin

I have a RPM spec template here which might help shed some light as to
the variable replacements going on in such files.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/trunks/daemon/plugin/src/main/resources/org/apache/directory/daemon/installers/rpm/

Perhaps you might build a static solaris package for ApacheDS and I can
incorporate that as a target in the plugin.

Thanks,
Alex

P.S. Hope your trip home was a safe and relaxing one.