directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole_er...@yahoo.com>
Subject Fetching Artifacts From the Repository
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 19:43:08 GMT
Hey Guys,

Just a background quicky.
I'm thinking the RPM installer plugin should work like
this:

BACKGROUND / CHALLENGE
First it builds ads.  So now all the project artifacts
are available in the repository.

Then it reads a map that tells it what artifacts go
where in the build layout.

Then it generates the Spec file, and the spec file
contains the commands for creating the install layout.

So it needs to be able to extract files like

rpm-apacheds-tools.sh

located in the project server-installers under

src/main/installers

However installers is a non standard maven directory,
so the whole directory is missing in the repository.

QUESTION
I wrote the process out in case there is a better one.
If you like the process, then should we move the files
in the installers directory to
src/main/resources?

Thanks,
- Ole