directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole_er...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS RPM packaging (DIRSERVER-749)
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 02:04:42 GMT
Yeah -

The Tomcat RPM on JPackage has all that init script
stuff built in as well.

What I have in mind is a catchall mojo.  It should
work in any build - for any build requirements.

JPackage requirements are that the entire build has to
be repeated by the RPM.

So it would embed a

mvn build

to rebuild the source and place it in the spec
BuildRoot location.

It's a little weird that way.  We build the RPM, while
we are executing a build, and then when the RPM is
installed, it executes the build again.

When it executes the build again, it puts the files in
locations that the build normally puts them.

Then this has to be mapped to an FHS file layout.
This has to be a manually configured map...

So everything is reshuffled in the BuildRoot, or links
are generated.  I have to figure out exactly how they
are doing it still.

Anyways - As you might be suspecting - I need to
clarify some stuff - but the mojo(s) should be
catchall, so that everyone can use it.  Thus it may
borrow some code from our stuff, codehaus, and
introduce new stuff.  Who knows, maybe it will be all
brand new stuff.  I mainly just wanted to post
codehaus, so that they are aware.

Cheers,
- Ole

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/trunks/daemon/plugin