directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole_er...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [JPackage-discuss] James & Apache-DS, was Tomcat Jpackage
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:33:11 GMT
Ralph, Fernando

This is terrific (Directory Team - I need to forward
another mail from Ralph just so you get the full
context)

...- I'm sure the whole directory team would love to
hear more about this effort.  I'm copying us on this
reply, and feel free to copy us in for the future as
well:

Apache Directory Developers List
<dev@directory.apache.org>,

Incidentally - we have this Maven plugin for
automatically generating the RPM:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/trunks/daemon/plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/daemon/installers/rpm/

There's also this one:

http://mojo.codehaus.org/rpm-maven-plugin/pom.html

An idea would be to have JPackage host a maven RPM
plugin.  I'm hoping this would centralize development
around the plugin.

Once this plugin is complete, all apache builds
running maven could incorporate it and JPackage would
get their packages done automagically.

As the standards evolve, we just change the plugin,
and voila, all packages built by Maven are up to date.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
- Ole