directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole_er...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS RPM packaging (DIRSERVER-749)
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:43:10 GMT
Wow - That's terrific.

I'm going through the following sequence just to get
my bearings (Sorry if I'm being repetitive - Just want
to make sure I set the context properly):

Understand how the Tomcat RPM was done
- This means understanding how the Tomcat build file
layout maps to the FHS file layout used in the
JPackage RPM ... So I can understand how everything
was linked using the new FHS file structure.
- Understanding the updating process used for
configuration files (Including jakarta daemon jsvc /
unix wrapper / log rotate configuration configuration,
etc.)
- Run permissions / file ownership
- Run level configuration / startup / shutdown scripts
- etc.

I want to get this into a nice clean little document.

Bastiaan once this is done I'd love to get your ideas
put inserted.

Incidentally - Our rpm packaging mojo here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/trunks/daemon/plugin

is different from this one right?

http://mojo.codehaus.org/rpm-maven-plugin/pom.html

I'm sending out an email suggesting that JPackage host
one right after this mail.  I think JPackage would be
the logical home, since they are maintaining the FHS
process around building the packages anyways....

Side note, just so everyone understands, JPackages are
just RPMS built so that they fit the FHS standard.
The JPackage group are doing this by hand / manually.
They have a utilities rpm for helping with the shell
scripting.

Thoughts?

OK - Back to documenting.

Cheers,