directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole_er...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JPackage.org
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:02:13 GMT
Awesome!

I'm really impressed with what I've seen inside the
Tomcat Spec file so far.

I'm reading all this RPM stuff right now:

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/drafts/rpm-guide-en/
http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/RPM-HOWTO/build.html
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-rpm1/
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-rpm2/

As well as this regular expression stuff:
http://www.grymoire.com/Unix/Sed.html

And this sed stuff:
http://www.grymoire.com/Unix/Sed.html

(I gotta get these into the how to help docs - Or if
JPackage lists them, we can just cross link)

JPackage uses sed and regular expressions a lot, so I
have to get up to speed on that.

I'll send out a note when I have grip on their
processes and how I think the ADS RPM maps to it.

Oh - JPackages compile the source, so we need to
re-compile inside the RPM.

OK - Back to Reading the Tomcat spec.

Cheers,
- Ole