directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole_er...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Minutes of our BOF in Austin
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 18:40:41 GMT
Interesting....

Slightly off topic, but I find a certain aspect of the
CDDL scary, like:

#

3.1. Availability of Source Code.

Any Covered Software that You distribute or otherwise
make available in Executable form

The part that I think is of interest is:

or otherwise make available in Executable form

I posted questions regarding this on
TheServerSide.com, Simon Mink's blog, etc. and non of
the CDDL architect dud's responded...which could mean

that if a server is running OpenDS for instance,
anything that connects to it (And the owner of the
client making the connection) should be informed of
CDDL license rights...

It's a bit of a stretch, but I wonder if Sun's
intention is to use that stretch in court someday, say
if someone were to successful using their software
without support....