directory-dev mailing list archives

From Julius Davies <juliusdav...@cucbc.com>
Subject Re: [JPackage-discuss] Jpackage Maven RPM Mojo
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2006 16:27:06 GMT
Hi, Fernando,

I'm excited to try this out.

We have RHN Satellite, and we upload our internal RPMS to that.  The RHN
Satellite then pushes our software to our various server farms.  I think
we have somewhere around 100-200 RHEL servers grabbing software updates
from that RHN Satellite.

So we've found RPM to be a great way to deploy our software (always
webapps) to hundreds of machines.  But we've had little control over the
jars that developers throw into "WEB-INF/lib".  It would be great to
have as many of those jars as possible coming from the RHEL/JPackage
subscription!!!!

By the way, just a note to everyone at JPackage:  you guys really saved
us with your JVM and Tomcat RPMS about 3 years ago!  They were such a
seamless fit with our infrastructure.  Very high quality stuff, in my
opinion.

yours,

Julius

--
Julius Davies
Senior Application Developer, Technology Services

1441 Creekside Drive
Vancouver, BC
Canada
V6J 4S7