directory-dev mailing list archives

From Julius Davies <juliusdav...@cucbc.com>
Subject Re: [JPackage-discuss] Jpackage Maven RPM Mojo
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 17:43:38 GMT
Where I work, we want to start using Maven for our own development.  But
we also want all the jar dependencies we declare in our apps to come
from our RHEL subscription.  So figuring out a way to achieve that would
be really useful!

+1

We package our own apps into RPM for ease of internal deployment, so I
guess we would need to run this pom2spec thing on our own applications.

But we also need all the "official" RHEL jars in a maven repository for
all of our developers (who might be on windows) to use directly from the
pom.xml files, with no mention of RPM.

So I think we need pom2spec on one side, but we also need "library of
all redhat jar file rpms" to "maven dependency repository " on the other
side.

pom2spec
rpms2mavenRepository

yours,

Julius

On Thu, 2006-26-10 at 09:24 -0700, Ole Ersoy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The JPackage team
>
> http://www.jpackage.org
>
> and the Apache Directory team has been having
> discussions around creating a JPackage hosted maven
> mojo/plugin for creating RPM's according to JPackage
> standards (Really just the FHS standard).
>
> http://www.pathname.com/fhs/
>
> I thought it would be really great if members from the
> Codehaus team joined as well, since both Codehaus and
> the ApacheDS team have an rpm mojo.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Cheers,
> - Ole

Julius Davies
Senior Application Developer, Technology Services
Credit Union Central of British Columbia
http://www.cucbc.com/
Tel: 416-652-0183
Cel: 647-232-7571

1441 Creekside Drive