directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ADS 2.0] discussions
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 03:26:31 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

On 9/4/06, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@iktek.com> wrote:

> Hi gang,
>
> we have started some discussion relative to ADS 2.0 on the ML, and it
> could be good to be able to distinguish this thread from the other ones.
>
> I suggest that we start all mails relative to ADS 2.0 by [ADS 2.0]
>
> btw, this ADS-2.0 is not scheduled for a close future, let's say it's
> myuch more an experimental zone where we put some ideas we can't
> implement in 1.0 - but that we may put in 1.1 or 1.2 ...)

I don't think we can't experiment with 1.1 or any further releases.  I
thought we are rewriting ApacheDS completely from the number 2.0.

What we really need to do is to extract important design issues of ApacheDS
from a various level (API, architecture, ...) and resolve them one by one in
decending order of the impact.  I think this effort should make what
1.1is.  Yep, as we discussed long before,
1.1 is a unstable branch.  So basically we shouldn't have any limitation on
changing anything critical.  Resolving a big design issue which causes a lot
of refactoring and rewriting should be done as earliest as possible in a
unstable branch.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6