directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [VOTE] Import Triplesec Project into Apache Directory TLP
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 18:39:18 GMT
Hi all,

For some time now a few of the directory developers and I have been
working on an open source project at Safehaus[0] called Triplesec[1].

Triplesec is a 2-factor authentication and identity management solution
built on top of ApacheDS.  It uses LDAP and Kerberos to orchestrate SSO
authentication and authorization for applications and operating systems.
  Besides this, it enables strong authentication using a mobile token
running on your cell phone or PDA called Hauskeys[2].  Triplesec's
license is ASL 2.0 and the committers all decided that Apache Directory
was the best place for it.

The Triplesec team members are listed below and each one of them is
already an Apache Directory committer.

Alex Karasulu
Enrique Rodriguez
Ersin Er
Emmanuel Lecharny
Timothy Bennett
Trustin Lee

Because the team is composed of existing Apache committers with CLA's on
file,  we would like to vote to import this project into the Directory
TLP.  See the Triplesec subversion repository[3] for more details.

Upon conclusion of this vote the proper software grant will be sent to
the ASF secretary (if an import is the result) as agreed upon by the
binding votes.

[ ] +1 Import Triplesec (as a separate subproject) into Directory
[ ] +/-0 Abstain
[ ] -1 Do not import Triplesec into Directory

Thanks,
Alex

-----
[0] - http://www.safehaus.org