directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <szoer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can I create a root entry other than ou=system?
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 18:14:17 GMT
Mbah Tenjoh-Okwen wrote:
> Im new  to the world of Directory Services and I am using JNDI and the
> ApacheDS. I would like to know if its possible to have a root entry
> other than the ou=system which comes along with ApacheDS or Im bound
> to it? If so how?
>
> thanks in advance
It is necessary to have a partition called ou=system, which holds system
related stuff (like the entry for the admin user). But as Ersin already
explained, you can have more partitions. I just wanted to add that the
default configuration server.xml already contains a second partition
with suffix "dc=example,dc=com". You may use this as a template for your
own.

Greetings from Hamburg,
    Stefan