directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <szoer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Time to have a logo contest
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 18:04:20 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Stefan Zoerner wrote:
>
>> And what about adding a link to former Logo contests like this one:
>>
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxSBOX/Logo+Contest
>
> Sorry what was your intention for doing this?  Did you want to show
> how the contest was conducted with some idea of how the logos would look?

The girls I had in mind are screen designers. They do not know what a
Logo contest at Apache looks like (they probably even don't know, what
Apache is, and definitely do not know, what a directory server is).

The current wiki page does not contain any requirements  (Logo sizes,
different usages etc). My idea was to give them a hint without writing
down detailed  requirements. Designers without.ASF background will
hopefully have interesting new ideas (no feather etc.). May be linking
to an existing Logo contest like the G  one may  reduce creativity.  So
forget my idea.

Greetings, Stefan

---8<---

Stefan Zoerner (szoerner@apache.org)