directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Time to have a logo contest
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:10:32 GMT
Stefan Zoerner wrote:
> Alex Karasulu wrote:
>> Please help us find a logo for ApacheDS:
>>
>> http://wiki.apache.org/directory/ApacheDirectoryServerLogoContest
>>
>> We're actually pretty late with this but the traditional one is not so
>> bad so we can change the logo at any time.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Alex
> Alex, I think we need a deadline for submissions. I would like to
> forward this to some designers I know, and they probably need a schedule
> to plan their creativity .

Designers?  That's great!  I've been trying to ping a few artistic
friends of mine but without any luck.

I assume it is not necessary to have a new
> logo already up and running with the 1.0 release.

Right I agree.  A logo can be added at any time or changed for that
matter.

> And what about adding a link to former Logo contests like this one:
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxSBOX/Logo+Contest

Sorry what was your intention for doing this?  Did you want to show how
the contest was conducted with some idea of how the logos would look?

Thanks,
Alex