directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: Question regarding FilterVisitor implementation
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2006 18:22:02 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Strange. From what I understand of the code - and sure Alex can give
> you a better explanation -, there is a 'visit' method in the
> NormalizingVisitor which is applied to all the attributes found in a
> filter into the NormalizationService.search(). It seems that for some
> attributes, like ObjectClass and cn, there is no transformation to an
> OID form. I don't know if it's a bug, or if the search fails because
> of this behavior, but definitively this need some further investigation.
>

>> For instance in "(&(objectClass=*)(sn=Amos)(cn=Tor*))" for the first
>> two operands within the AND expression, the OID is returned,for the
>> third one "cn". I have created a work around with the help of
>> AttributeTypeRegistry. Lucky me -- it is available in interceptors.
>> But I am curios: is it a bug, that sometime not the OID but the (a)
>> attribute name is returned?
>
> I really don't know, but I can reasonably say that it should not work
> the way it does :) Let's open a JIRA !

Thanks for your reply, Emmanuel! The strange thing is, that even for
"cn", the OID is returned, if I use the eq (=) operator in the leaf.
Only if I use a substr expression like "cn=Tor*", the name "cn" is returned.

I'll try to isolate this problem and will file a JIRA issue, then.

Thanks again + Greetings from Hamburg,
    Stefan