directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Streaming / Serializing Big Objects
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2006 18:07:52 GMT
Ole Ersoy a écrit :

>Emmanuel:
>
>Each experimentation is warmly welcomed, if they can
>bring some
>solution
>to a known problem !
>
>Ole:
>
>Word - I'll consolidate these discussions into some
>type of design document, so that we have standardized
>terminology / architecture use cases / and code
>examples to work from.
>
>I volunteered for the "How to help documentation,
>etc." JIRA entry anyways, so that will be a good
>start.

This is really the best thing to do. I know that it takes time, but it's
obviously the best solution for newcommers to take a grip on this
complex system. The place to put the doco is :
http://docs.safehaus.org/display/APACHEDS/Home
and especially for the next version (2.0) :
http://docs.safehaus.org/display/APACHEDS/ADS+2.0

I don't know if you have write access, but if not, let us know, we will
be able to set them for you.

Thanks Ole for the contiuous effort. The backend is obviously our main
concern and path to a better/faster/more reliable Ldap server, so it's
great to have people working on it :)

Emmanuel