directory-dev mailing list archives

From Enrique Rodriguez <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS as DNS server
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 12:27:19 GMT
upasana immidi wrote:
> Thanks for your Help Alex.
>
> Yes there is one unit test, but that in for encoding and decoding of data.
>
> As you say, I can see the code and am trying to glue it together like a
> 1000 piece puzzle :-)

Hi, Anna,

The DNS server was written with the OSGi build of ApacheDS in mind.  In
particular, the configuration relies heavily on an OSGi-standard service
called Config Admin.  With the 1.1 OSGi build of ApacheDS the DNS
protocol-provider will plug right in and with some notes on setting up
DNS zones and adding resource records the basics of serving resource
records works great.  I don't have these notes on Confluence yet.  I'll
try to put together some time this weekend.

We have quite a bit of work to do to "mainline" the OSGi work currently
in the 1.1 trunk, which should improve greatly in the next month or so,
especially with progress currently being made at Apache Felix.

Enrique