directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [Performance] Using indices to boost search performance
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2006 23:28:02 GMT
Quanah Gibson-Mount a écrit :

> --On Saturday, September 02, 2006 2:05 AM -0400 Alex Karasulu
> <aok123@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> ----------
>> Data Setup
>> ----------
>>
>> Wrote a simple tool to generate random values for descent sized entries.
>>   The data sort of looks like this for a user entry:
>

> slamd has a really nice tool called "MakeLDIF" that'll do this for
> you, too.  Plus then how you made your LDIF is publishable to others
> who may also want to run the same benchmark, since all you have to do
> is provide the template for MakeLDIF to use. ;)

Yeah, we know that. We have used it many times, and the file you see is
directly generated by MakeLdif, but with just a very slight difference,
because we wanted to test a very specific performance issue.

Anyway, thanks for the pointer, because I'm sure that many people
weren't aware of the existence of this tool :)

Emmanuel.