directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole_er...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Time to have a logo contest
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 22:19:29 GMT
Just a few thoughts on the logo contest:

I've been drooling over these KDE Icons (LGPL):

http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=45576

I was going to attach some of the ones that I think
would work well in a logo, but I think the email will
bounce back - so I'll just use the names:

kppp.png: this is the apple .net icon, but it has
another icon layed over it.

I thought this might be cool, but with the kfm
file cabinet layed over instead...

kfm.png
or
file-manager.png

...since directories and file-manager's have a litte
bit in common...

There's a green one like that somewhere else that will
probably work better ...

There's also an icon for Internet Connection Tools:

Internet Connection Tools.png

It's pretty sweet.  It's got a wire with a male jack
coming out of it and it's the world with the apple net
glowing stuff on it.

I'll try to attach that one and see if it goes
through:

Anyways - kde-look is a great resource in case any of
us wanted to hunt for some icons to give the designers
a general idea.

There's also one under the filesystems folder called:
folder_html.png

that's a globe in front with a file folder in the
back...

Just a few ideas....

Cheers,
- Ole