directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Norbet Reilly" <nrh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New schema-archetype maven project
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 23:28:13 GMT
On another (possibly irrelevant) tangent, I saw another posting after
googling that implied that:

    <pluginRepository>
      <id>snapshots</id>
      <name>snapshot plugins</name>
      <url>http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2</url>
    </pluginRepository>

had been put into semi-retirement and that:

 <pluginRepository>
      <id>codehaus.snapshots</id>
      <name>codehaus snapshot plugins</name>
      <url>http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org</url>
    </pluginRepository>

was a better choice. Just adding the latter to repository list in the
top-level POM worked for me.

Have to agree with much of the <RANT> tho', maven seems to have to
much power at the cost of too little control for my liking. Every time
you do a build you have to sit there with sweaty palms and crossed
fingers, which ain't how it's supposed to be...