directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New schema-archetype maven project
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:18:45 GMT
<RANT>
F**** S*** !

It's half an hour I try to understand where the hell maven can simply deduce
that it has to dowload the jar plexus-archiver-1.0-alpha-7-SNAPSHOT.jar

when the pom.xml is :

<project>
  <parent>
    <groupId>org.apache.directory.server</groupId>
    <artifactId>build</artifactId>
    <version>1.0-RC4-SNAPSHOT</version>
  </parent>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <artifactId>apacheds-sar-plugin</artifactId>
  <packaging>maven-plugin</packaging>
  <name>ApacheDS Server Sar Maven Plugin</name>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.maven</groupId>
      <artifactId>maven-plugin-api</artifactId>
      <version>2.0.1</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.maven</groupId>
      <artifactId>maven-archiver</artifactId>
      <version>2.0.1</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>
      <artifactId>plexus-utils</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.5</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.maven</groupId>
      <artifactId>maven-artifact</artifactId>
      <version>2.0</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
</project>

It should be again one of these secret transitive dependencies that has been
modified by someone somwhere, but we have no clue who nor when or why and
where. This is what upset me the most about maven : you get f**** without
any solution on a regular basis.

</RANT>

Ok, so what, now ? Remove temporarily the sar-plugin project from ADS ?

Emmanuel

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny