directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding an objectClass to ApacheDS
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:24:08 GMT
Great !

Don't worry to much about the mailing list, we don't use
user@directory.apache.org atm. So this is the right place to post.

Extending the schema is a little bit complicated in this version, but it
does not mean it's complicated.

Here are the steps :
1) create your schema using OpenLdap syntax (which is RFC syntax, btw)
2) put it in apacheds/core/src/main/schema, beside the other schemas
3) go into apacheds/core and modify the pom.xml file :
        <configuration>
          <schemaSourcesDir>src/main/schema</schemaSourcesDir>
          <schemas>
            <schema>
              <name>apache</name>
              <dependencies>
                <dependency>system</dependency>
              </dependencies>
            </schema>
            <schema>
              <name>apachedns</name>
              <dependencies>
                <dependency>system</dependency>
                <dependency>core</dependency>
              </dependencies>
            </schema>
here, you just add your schema, with its dependencies.
4) now, go back to the root project and compile the project :
mvn install
(it will take around 3 minutes)
5) build the binaries :
cd apacheds/server-installers
mvn install

now, you can install the server with the installer that has been generated.

If you are lost, here is a link to a page which explains the build process :
http://docs.safehaus.org/display/APACHEDS/Building

I think there is something sompler, but I don't know it. Anybody on the list
?

However, if you have any pb, just push a mail. We will help you as fast as
we can.

btw, which kind of project are you working on, if it's not secret ?

Emmanuel l├ęcharny

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny