directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <>
Subject Bug parade #2, target is 1.0-RC4
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 09:24:12 GMT
Guys, we have made great progress since last bug parad (last week). 17 bugs
have been fixed, 3 new bugs have been found, and 12 bugs remains to be
fixed. One more week of hard work, and we will be able to make it !!!

Let's review the bugs :

Fixed issues since the last bug parade :
---------------------------------------- : ACI problem when using
com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory as the INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY : seems to
be ok. We have asked twice for confirmation, no answer. Should be close IMHO : ldaps not working with gpg :
fixed, but some doco is to be added. I suggested to create a new JIRA for
this one. Should be closed IMHO : Update to use Kerberos
realm catalog : This is a kerberos issue. May be we should create a new JIRA
entry for Kerberos, like what exists for Naming? Should not be considered as
a DIRSERVER bug. :
Commons.Cliimplemented in Bind : This piece of code has moved to
sanbox. Do we still
need to take care of it for RC4? I don't think so. : Infinite loop with
special configuration files : I think we can close this issue. Even if we
still have the pb, I'm not sure we will be able to fix it, as it's very
unlikely to occurs. : potential bug in
password comparison : This is an easy one. I will fix it : Putting some chars
like "é" in common name with JXPlorer or my client code creates problems : I
take this one : Incorrect results
using Context lookup : We don't have any explanation, and Stefan was not
able to reproduce the pb. Should be closed ? : Exception adding
prescriptiveACI subentry from examples : Ersin ? : Inconsistent behavior
with anonymous access : This should be investigated. Seems to be a serious
issue : apacheds-tools dump
command does NOT generate the correct base 64 output for binary attributes
in LDIF dump : Has been patched by PAM. To be double checked. :
'accessControlSubentries' attribute should have been defined as Multi Valued
: seems to be an easy one. Ersin ? : Server allows adding
multiple values to a single valued attribute : a lacking control in
ShemaService, may be ? : Creation of entry with
special (and escaped) character in RDN leads to wrong attribute value : This
one is mine, too. : Delete with illegal DN
causes client to hang : is related to DIRSERVER-619. May be to DIRSERVER-586
? : Logging level settings
ignored in apachedsw.exe windows NT service frontend (apachedsw.exe) : Any
Windower ? : Site: Issues-URL still
points to DIREVE : The site is a mess... We need to reorgaize it, and use
confluence on apache, and migrate the confluences pages from safehaus to

JIRAs that may not be considered as bugs :
* : Allow administrators
to change and set passwords for users : This is not a major issue, but a
major improvment. Can somebody states about this JIRA ?
* : Bad filter makes
filter parser hang rather than throw an exception : Well, not really a very
good description of the problem, if any :) Status ?
* : Embedded ApacheDS
fails on parser exception if provider URL is an actual URL : Has it been
fixed ? Status ?
* : Incorrect matched DN
in the bind response (and others depending on the result code) : I think it
has been fixed a long time ago. It needs a double check.
* : JAR File Contents
Cause JBoss Deployer To Fail : Has it been fixed?
* : Corrupt database
causes server startup to fail: As Alex added a default "write on
modification", flag, all the data will be written on disk as soon as they
are created, modified or deleted. Is it enough ? Not sure. We may need to
implement a kind of shadow pages to guarantee that the database is always
correct, even if the server crash. In this case, the shadow pages are just
discareded, and we will just loose them. If the pages are correctly written,
then we can discard them, and consider that the database is ok. It has to be
discussed further
* : ldap server is never
shut down, since ldapStarted flag is never set : status ?
* : Can't compile long
schema : We have aa workaround : split the file in more than one file : Compare operations are
performed without Authentication : I think that Ersin has fixed this one,
but I'm not sure.
* : apacheds dump
command - hangs very frequently : I think that PAM has rewritten the dump
utility, and the issue may not show up again. To be tested...
* : server.xml needs
fixing due to changed property name : I think I saw a commit about this
issue? Comment ?

JIRAs that really need to be fixed for RC4 (12 remaining):
---------------------------------------------------------- : Incorrect SearchResult
name and "compare" failure using CoreContextFactory : Seems to be a serious
one. Something may have been forgotten when we switched to the new LdapDN. : [Access Control]
Autonomous areas for AC must not overlap : Seems to be a bug we have to
fix... : Decoder does no give
sufficient information about errors so the LDAP server can respond with
correct result code. : A very hairy one. We have had a convo with Alex about
it, but it was before my acations. The idea was to create a specific
exception that could be handled by the interceptors, instead of a
DecoderException handled by Mina. To be fixed. : Reliable hang of DS
during query : This one should be analyzed thoroughly. :
DefaultDirectoryService nulls members BEFORE calling
serviceListener.afterShutdown(this) : Should be easy to fix... : NamingException
messages are thrown away by MessageHandlers : This one should be fixed in
minutes... Concurrency problem
when doing load tests : A tough one. Can we reproduce it? : Problem creating
subContext with a Name Object. : Ok, this should be easy to fix. : Adding entries with
RDNs enclosed in quotes may lead to entries with illegal DNs : This is mine
... : The SubentryService
does not inject correct values for subentry operational attributes : New bug : Propagate the errors
to the client if we get a DecoderException (was DIRSERVER-634) : This is
related to DIRSERVER-634, but is a generalization : Init shell script
contains incompatible -X switch instead of -D for jmx console : Easy to fix

OSGI related issues :

View raw message