directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Ersin Er" <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject New Confluence based site
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 19:17:21 GMT
Hi all,

I will request one or more Confluence spaces from the infra for our
new site and documentation. There are a few alternative ways. My
suggestion is that having a generic site space and two documentation
spaces for 1.0 and 1.1 and maybe even 2.0. As you know all these will
be Confluence generated static sites. We'll need some help there from
Felix or Geronimo guys.

Take a look at here to see what has been created already at Apache:

http://cwiki.apache.org/

Those are the static exported sites and all are managed by the
confluence instance here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence

So my suggestion for space names are:

DIRECTORY
DIRECTORY10
DIRECTORY11

where they will be accessible from

http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRECTORY{10,11}

I think we can also publish the DIRECTORY space to http://directory.apache.org/

(Well, this is just from top of my head. I did not think on it much.
Please review how others do this if you have time and make suggestions
if you like.)

I am just asking this now to get your ideas and to start this process
as early as possible. We won't be able to start the site stuff just
after these spaces created. But we'll start slowly. Because first we
need to fix bugs for 1.0. We might concantrate on the site stuff after
15th of September with full power. (At least me.)

So WDYT?

Cheers,

--
Ersin Er