directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Brett Porter" <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven Builds
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 07:10:13 GMT
Here is an explanation of the problem and how to make your build more
predictable:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-users/200608.mbox/%3C9e3862d80608281316t3e9c388ep60216c8a80d588aa@mail.gmail.com%3E

Basically it comes down to only using snapshot plugins when you really
really have to. Currently, too many projects are setting their default
builds to grab all the unstable plugins, which is obviously a receipe
for disaster.

We're certainly working to improve that story for future Maven releases.

I have now turned off snapshots.maven.codehaus.org, so the errors
should be a whole lot less subtle if it is still in use anywhere else
:)

- Brett

--
Apache Maven - http://maven.apache.org