directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig L. Ching" <cch...@mqsoftware.com>
Subject RE: [ApacheDS] Custom Schema (was: Adding an objectClass to ApacheDS)
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 21:54:00 GMT
Hi Alex,

Ok, I've tried this a few times and I'm stuck.  I think I'm following
the directions you gave out, but when I issue the mvn archetype:create
command, I get an error that says:

Embedded error: Unable to add module to the current project as it is not
of pack

Here is a snapshot of the full command line (I'm using Maven 2.0.4 on
Windows XP):

C:\dev\apacheds\schema-archetype>mvn -e archetype:create
-DarchetypeGroupId=org.
apache.directory.server -DarchetypeArtifactId=apacheds-schema-archetype
-Darchet
ypeVersion=1.0-RC4-SNAPSHOT -DgroupId=com.acme -DartifactId=foo-schema
+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO]
-
---
[INFO] Building ApacheDS Schema Archetype
[INFO]    task-segment: [archetype:create] (aggregator-style)
[INFO]
-
---
[INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class =>
'org.codehaus.plexus
.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.
[INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.
[INFO] **************************************************************
[INFO] Starting Jakarta Velocity v1.4
[INFO] RuntimeInstance initializing.
[INFO] Default Properties File:
org\apache\velocity\runtime\defaults\velocity.pr
operties
[INFO] Default ResourceManager initializing. (class
org.apache.velocity.runtime.
resource.ResourceManagerImpl)
[INFO] Resource Loader Instantiated:
org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLo
aderResourceLoader
[INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization starting.
[INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization complete.
[INFO] ResourceCache : initialized. (class
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.
ResourceCacheImpl)
[INFO] Default ResourceManager initialization complete.
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Literal
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Macro
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Parse
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Include
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach
[INFO] Created: 20 parsers.
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization starting.
[INFO] Velocimacro : adding VMs from VM library template :
VM_global_library.vm
[ERROR] ResourceManager : unable to find resource 'VM_global_library.vm'
in any
resource loader.
[INFO] Velocimacro : error using  VM library template
VM_global_library.vm : org
.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find
resource 'V
M_global_library.vm'
[INFO] Velocimacro :  VM library template macro registration complete.
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInline = true : VMs can be defined inline in
templates

[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineToOverride = false : VMs defined inline
may NOT
replace previous VM definitions
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineLocal = false : VMs defined inline will
be  glob
al in scope if allowed.
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization complete.
[INFO] Velocity successfully started.
[INFO] [archetype:create]
[INFO] Defaulting package to group ID: com.acme
[INFO]
-
---
[INFO] Using following parameters for creating Archetype:
apacheds-schema-archet
ype:1.0-RC4-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]
-
---
[INFO] Parameter: groupId, Value: com.acme
[INFO] Parameter: packageName, Value: com.acme
[INFO] Parameter: basedir, Value: C:\dev\apacheds\schema-archetype
[INFO] Parameter: package, Value: com.acme
[INFO] Parameter: version, Value: 1.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Parameter: artifactId, Value: foo-schema
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error creating from archetype

Embedded error: Unable to add module to the current project as it is not
of pack
aging type 'pom'
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error creating
from arch
etype
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:559)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandalone
Goal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:488)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:458)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:219)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:140)
        at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
        at

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error
creating from a
rchetype
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.archetype.MavenArchetypeMojo.execute(MavenArc
hetypeMojo.java:201)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
nManager.java:412)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)
        ... 16 more
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.archetype.ArchetypeTemplateProcessingException: Unab
le to add module to the current project as it is not of packaging type
'pom'
        at
org.apache.maven.archetype.DefaultArchetype.createArchetype(DefaultAr
chetype.java:306)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.archetype.MavenArchetypeMojo.execute(MavenArc
hetypeMojo.java:188)
        ... 18 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Aug 25 16:50:48 CDT 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 4M/8M
[INFO]

C:\dev\apacheds\schema-archetype>

Any ideas?