directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven Builds
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 22:41:08 GMT
Ole Ersoy a écrit :

>Brett,
>
>Thanks for the info.
>
>I put together some additional notes that I think are
>inline with our current goals for the build process.
>I still have to validate that this will all work as
>expected, but I figured I would get the notes out here
>in case anyone wants to get started (These are in APT
>format, so if you want just cut and paste into the apt
>directory of a mvn project and run site to get the
>html version):

Thanks Ole (and Brett), very interesting information.

I'm playing with Maven an try to set my dream environment :
- I want two repos : one for jars, one for plugins : is it possible ?
- I want those repos be at the same level than the top level pom.xml :
jars and plugins respectively :

.
..
/jars
/plugins
/project1
/project2
pom.xml

and my pom.xml will contain :
  <repositories>
    <repository>
     <id>ads-jars</id>
     <name>Apache Directory Repository for Jars</name>
     <url>jars</url>
     <layout>default</layout>
    <repository>
    <repository>
     <id>ads-plugins</id>
     <name>Apache Directory Repository for Plugins</name>
     <url>plugins</url>
     <layout>default</layout>
    <repository>
  </repositories>

Is it correct ?
- Now, I don't want Maven to look after jars or plugins in the outer
world. Modifying settings.xml does not fit me, because that means other
users have to set it on their computer, and tis is a global element. I
want to disable external repos from the rop level pom.xml. Is it possible ?

Lot of questions, I know, and RTFM, I know too... Lack of time, too :)

If you have any clue, it will be my pleasure !

btw, you can look at
http://svn.apache.org/rpos/asf/directory/apacheds/sandbox/akarasulu/apacheds-2.0,
this is where I'm playing.

Emmanuel