directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Embedded directory not opening a listening port
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 04:09:24 GMT
Hi Gregg,

Gregg Freeman wrote:

> Please forgive me if this isn't the correct list (and let me know what
> the right one would be).

No no this just fine.

> I'm trying to embed ApacheDS into our server, and have it function as an
> LDAP server, just as the distributed server example does (1.0 RC3).
> I've followed the example described in
> _http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/apacheds/docs/users/configuration.html_,
> and I can see from the logs that the directory server starts, however,
> it doesn't open the 10389 port as specified in the configuration section
> of the spring bean.
>
> Am I missing something?

Ok this will embed the server without networking so the LDAP store will
be there but not the server.  To do that you need a different JNDI
context factory: try using ServerContextFactory instead of
CoreContextFactory.

<shamelessPlug>
BTW I will be holding an embedding ApacheDS tutorial session (3hrs) on
doing this and more at ApacheCon in October.
</shamelessPlug>

HTH,
Alex