directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [ApacheDS] Custom Schema (was: Adding an objectClass to ApacheDS)
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:48:27 GMT
Peoples,

I've created a maven archetype to create ApacheDS schema projects as
maven projects.  The artifact generated by these schema projects are
jars containing the classes of your schema.  In a wiki page we show you
how to use this jar with stock installations of ApacheDS and embedded
instances to install and use your custom schemas.  But first,

*WARNING*: Adding schema files to the core is *not* a proper solution to
your problem of adding custom schema to ApacheDS.

The technique for doing this properly using this new archetype is
outlined here:

	http://docs.safehaus.org/display/APACHEDS/Custom+Schema

Those of you interested in using this archetype to extend the schema for
both embedded and stock installs please take a minute to review this
HowTo.  It would be good if you followed it and gave some feedback so I
can make corrections to it for others.

Alex