directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r429554 - in /directory/trunks/apacheds: core/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/exception/ core/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/schema/ server-unit/src/test/java/org/apache/directory/server/
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 12:38:00 GMT
Jörg Henne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> akarasulu@apache.org wrote:
>> +        if ( ( subschemSubentryDn.toNormName() ).equalsIgnoreCase(
>> base.toNormName() ) )
>
> one of the issues I reported
> (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-694) was a dupe (sorry!)
> to the one you fixed. The patch I provided in two points, however:

Ahhh you provided a patch.  Sorry man I totally missed it because of the
dup.  Don't worry tho we got this one nipped anyways :).

> - I relieved the ExceptionService from having to know the
> subschemaSubentry DN which I think is nicer, because it opens up the
> option of serving more "out-of-band" stuff like the subschemaSubentry
> without needing to touch the ExceptionService every time.

Hmmmm the exception service checks with the backend to see if an entry
exists in it.  Basically we need to tell it not to do this for the
schemaSubentry since it is a special virtual entry.  I'll have to look
at the patch to see how you did this.  Did the integration tests pass
when you ran them after making this change?

> - I stored the subschemaSubentry LdapDN in its normalized form, which
> allowed me to compare the two LdapDNs simply with .equals(). This saves
> a few string concatenations with the corresponding garbage. This may not
> amount to much, but I've seen the quoted idiom quite a few times and all
> such optimizations might really add up.

Right good thinking!  I thought I did this too.  That way you don't have
to normalize every time.  Basically the interceptor builds the
normalized LdapDN for the schema subentry in the init() method.

NOTE: the toNormaName() maintains a cached String of the normalized name
in the LdapDN.

Alex