directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Henne <j.he...@levigo.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r429554 - in /directory/trunks/apacheds: core/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/exception/ core/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/schema/ server-unit/src/test/java/org/apache/directory/server/
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 07:19:48 GMT
Hi,

akarasulu@apache.org wrote:
> +        if ( ( subschemSubentryDn.toNormName() ).equalsIgnoreCase( base.toNormName()
) )

one of the issues I reported
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-694) was a dupe (sorry!)
to the one you fixed. The patch I provided in two points, however:

- I relieved the ExceptionService from having to know the
subschemaSubentry DN which I think is nicer, because it opens up the
option of serving more "out-of-band" stuff like the subschemaSubentry
without needing to touch the ExceptionService every time.

- I stored the subschemaSubentry LdapDN in its normalized form, which
allowed me to compare the two LdapDNs simply with .equals(). This saves
a few string concatenations with the corresponding garbage. This may not
amount to much, but I've seen the quoted idiom quite a few times and all
such optimizations might really add up.

Joerg Henne