Hi all,

sorry to bother you, but I have some problems getting the 1.0 trunk to work. I fear there's an embarrassingly simple answer lurking somewhere, but double checking the involved revisions, debugging into the code etc. hasn't revealed it yet.

First: the symptoms: every search request causes the following CCE:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.name.LdapDN
    at org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.search.SearchResultEntry.computeLength(SearchResultEntry.java:240)
    at org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.LdapMessage.computeLength(LdapMessage.java:530)
    at org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.LdapMessage.encode(LdapMessage.java:602)
    at org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.TwixEncoder.encodeBlocking(TwixEncoder.java:121)
    at org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.TwixEncoder.encode(TwixEncoder.java:200)
    at org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.message.MessageEncoder.encode(MessageEncoder.java:131)
    at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.asn1.Asn1CodecEncoder.encode(Asn1CodecEncoder.java:55)
    at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.filterWrite(ProtocolCodecFilter.java:228)
    ... 31 more

The offending LdapDN (which SearchResultEntry tries to cast to byte[]) is supplied from SearchHandler:282, which in turn, got it from ServerDirContext.search(Name, ExprNode, SearchControls).
I suppose I've got a version incompatibility somewhere, but I can't see where.

My build is based on directory/branches/apacheds/1.0-trunks with the externals specified therein.

The resulting classpath for the server SAR is this:
antlr-2.7.2.jar
apacheds-core-1.0-RC4-SNAPSHOT.jar
apacheds-core-shared-1.0-RC4-SNAPSHOT.jar
apacheds-kerberos-shared-1.0-RC4-SNAPSHOT.jar
apacheds-protocol-changepw-1.0-RC4-SNAPSHOT.jar
apacheds-protocol-kerberos-1.0-RC4-SNAPSHOT.jar
apacheds-protocol-ldap-1.0-RC4-SNAPSHOT.jar
apacheds-protocol-ntp-1.0-RC4-SNAPSHOT.jar
apacheds-protocol-shared-1.0-RC4-SNAPSHOT.jar
apacheds-server-jndi-1.0-RC4-SNAPSHOT.jar
apacheds-server-ssl-1.0-RC4-SNAPSHOT.jar
checkstyle-2.2.jar
commons-collections-3.0.jar
commons-daemon-1.0.1.jar
commons-lang-2.0.jar
commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
daemon-bootstrappers-1.0-RC2.jar
jboss-jmx-4.0.2.jar
jdbm-1.0.jar
lcrypto-jdk14-131.jar
mina-core-0.9.5-SNAPSHOT.jar
mina-filter-codec-asn1-0.9.5-SNAPSHOT.jar
mina-filter-ssl-0.9.5-SNAPSHOT.jar
shared-asn1-0.9.5.2-SNAPSHOT.jar
shared-ldap-0.9.5.2-SNAPSHOT.jar
slf4j-log4j12-1.0.jar
spring-beans-1.2.1.jar
spring-context-1.2.1.jar
spring-core-1.2.1.jar
xercesImpl-2.0.2.jar
Please note the switch to MINA 0.9.5-SNAPSHOT which is necessary because of the previously lacking broadcast support required by DHCP.

Thanks
Joerg Henne