The number of active committers on Apache Directory Server is dwindling
and we have many areas where a single developer has been working alone.
Some email threads have tried to address the issue of the lack of enough
committers in specific areas: see threads [0] & [1].  So we are
suffering mostly in the following areas:

o OSGi effort,
o Kerberos protocol development,
o Changepw protocol development,
o DHCP protocol development, and
o DNS protocol development.

As a former committer at Apache Avalon Merlin project and a current committer at Apache Felix, I'm highly interested in the OSGi effort at Apache Directory, and I'd like to be a part of helping in that effort.  However, I know next to nothing about the internals of ADS, but I'm willing to learn.  And a good way may be to dig in and help document the code.

--
timothy