directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Norbet Reilly" <nrh...@gmail.com>
Subject LDAP codec streaming
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 01:47:16 GMT
Hi everyone,

Thanks for my inclusion to the project as a "mentored commiter" (I
didn't mind "proby" myself ;-), it's an honour to be involved with
such an exciting opensource project.

I was just wanting to ask one of the ADS gurus what happens exactly at
the LDAP protocol level when an extremely large result set is returned
by ADS for an LDAP search(). Is a client able to start retreiving
results via their NamingEnumeration before the server has completed
its search? I'm hoping there is some sort of "chunking" at the
protocol level so that batches of results are streamed to the client
as they become available, rather then the waiting for the entire
result set to be available first. Is this the case?

Thanks