directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Norbet Reilly" <nrh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS trunk: JDK1.4/unit test/normalisation issues
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:08:19 GMT
Yeah, I'm afraid I agree totally with suspicion about the maven
"auto-update" concept and had a very similar rant about it on the list
previously.

In my mind it's analogous to revision control with Subversion, no one
would ever accept a revision control system that "pushed" changes onto
your working directory. You wait until a moment in time where you
prepared to take a risk, and then you explicitly ask for an update.
It's completely bogus for a system to push random untrusted changes
onto you every time you do a build.

At any rate, I'll wait until the maven plugin problem is resolved and
try querying the ADS schema via JXplorer then...

ciao