directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Norbet Reilly" <nrh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS trunk: JDK1.4/unit test/normalisation issues
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 04:46:11 GMT
My apologies, reinstating the normalisation service did remove the
problems resolving ou=system.

I now need to work out how to most efficiently get hold of the
un-normalised name I need to drive my custom partition mapping, will
most probably need to do:

LdapDN origDN = new LdapDN(dn.getUpName());

which doesn't seem that efficient. Would it make sense to have
LdapDN.normalise() cache the original value and make it available via
say LdapDN.getUpDN() to make this case more efficient. Any custom
partitions doing DN mapping will need access to the original text
rather then OIDs.

In particular I've already found LdapDN.getUpNamePrefix()/Suffix()
useful, is there any objection to making them public (they're
currently private)?

Thanks