directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Bind performance
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:58:17 GMT
Hi Alex,

geat work !

I've studied some of the results early this morning, and I found that we
spend a lot of time in at least two parts :
 - LockableAttributesImpl where we allocate two HashMap to store
informations on Id and UPId
 - Invocation

I have rewrote the LockableAttributesImpl class this week-end to improve
serialization, and I removed one of those HashMap. The new class is now
around two times faster without loss of functionnality. We can have some
noticable improvment of the server if we use it, I think (but may be not
much than a few percents)

We talked about the invocation stack last week - it is used to avoid
recursion if we use trigger -, and we may think of a better way to deal with
this problem in a 1.1 or 2.0 version.

Btw, implementing a home-made serialization could improve a little bit the
server, but we might better declare LockableAttributesImpl to implement
Externalizable instead of Serializable, gaining more speed. We can also go a
little but farther and write our own serialization service without passing
through all the Serialization stack, avoiding a lot of intrsopection and
control. I still have to check if this is possible.

Lunch time over, back to work ;)

Emmanuel

--
Cordialement,