directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ASN.1 Implementation
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 09:25:22 GMT
Yeah, as Alan said, the development has a little bit staled, due to a lack
of time. We really want to have this compiler, for many reasons, but it
takes a lot of time and a mlot of energy. LMet say we have other priorities
right now - like releasing ADS 1.0 -.

FYI, the current version used internally is Twix (but the name has changed).
It's deos not support anything else but general BER decoding, and it does it
in a very dirty way. To be honest, this is crap, but fast crap :) (this was
the original intent of Twix : to be faster than snickers, and it is, let say
almost by an order of magnitude).

The impl is hand rolled.

If you need a free ASN.1 compiler, you have a pair of them :
http://lionet.info/asn1c/ (this one is really great, but it generates C, not
java)
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/jss/ (java. Works for BER
encoding/decoding)
http://iiiasn1.sourceforge.net/main.html (never tested)
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=19875&group_id=90342 (no
tested)

Hope it helps... And, as Alan said, join us !!!

Emmanuel

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny