directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Emmanuel Lecharny (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] Resolved: (DIRSERVER-634) Delete with illegal DN causes client to hang
Date Sun, 30 Jul 2006 16:46:14 GMT
     [ ]

Emmanuel Lecharny resolved DIRSERVER-634.

    Resolution: Won't Fix

As far I I can have test this issue, I can't reproduce it. What I can just say is that the
deletion of a bad DN generates the correct LdapResult (NO_SUCH_OBJECT) on the server, and
this is such a result which is transmitted to the client.

The problem is that the sun JNDI client implementation does not catch any exception, whichever
method I used to delete the bad entry (unbind() and destroySubContect())

I mark it as  "Won't fix" unless we can reproduce this problem with a JNDI test case. (it
may perfectly be a problem with the client API used. May be an analyse of the underlying data
sent end received could help to figure out what exactly happens).

> Delete with illegal DN causes client to hang
> --------------------------------------------
>                 Key: DIRSERVER-634
>                 URL:
>             Project: Directory ApacheDS
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 1.0-RC3
>         Environment: Sun ONE Directory SDK for Java 4.1
> ApacheDS 1.0 RC 3
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_04-b05)
> Microsoft Windows XP version 5.1 Service Pack 1
>            Reporter: Stefan Zoerner
>         Attachments:
> A delete operation with an invalid DN causes the client to hang. The expected result
is LDAP error code 34 (INVALID_DN_SYNTAX) (preferred), or 32 (NO_SUCH_OBJECT). For instance
I tried to delete DN "This is an illegal name,dc=example,dc=com" (no attribute name in RDN).
> Unfortunately, I was not able to create this situation with JNDI. Its LDAP Provider seems
to ignore such an operation, there is no Exception at all. A Java test case created with Sun
ONE Directory SDK for Java caused the client to hang, and does not produce the result code
expected. I'll attach it to this issue.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
For more information on JIRA, see:


View raw message