directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: apacheds dump command - hangs very frequently
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2006 21:18:09 GMT
Ajay Upadhyaya a écrit :

> Hi,
> Sorry for posting this again...

np.

> I'd posted this issue sometime back... I didn't get chance afterwards
> to dig deeper into this issue, anyone has any update/idea, or has
> anyone else encountered this issue.

Well, no...

> Dump is an important aspect for us to deploy ADS in production for the
> backup purposes. I'm currently using other option (like recursively
> traversing the tree using jndi based client) for ADS 0.9, but as our
> ldap entries grow, the jndi-client is a slower option. So I'm looking
> forward to the Dump utility in ADS 1.0RC3

The dump command has been modified recently, but I don't think it will
fix your issue.

I have a few questions regarding what is happening :
1) Are you dumping data while other clients do some searches ?
2) Is it working well if you try to export data without any client
connected ?
3) Do you get any result, even partial ?
4) Is it working 100% with tools like LdapBrowser or JXplorer ?

I think that somebody may spend some time on your problem on monday.

Btw, It would be much better if you fill a JIRA about this problem. JIRA
is reliable, we read issues at least once a week, we can build a roadmap
based on JIRAs. On the opposite, mail are just like fire and forget
weapons. If you catch somebody on the other side, perfect. Otherwise,
you may have to post again, and again... Last point: with JIRA, we can't
loose a piece of information. If I need to check for any piece of
information, it will be related to the JIRA issue. If I have to do the
same with mail, there is a good chance that I miss at least one or two
mails. And it's not very funny to check a lot of unrelated mails, too ...

Run JIRA, run !!! :)

Emmanuel