directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Apache DS user list ?
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:29:41 GMT
Nick Rathke wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Are there plans to add a "user" mailing list ?

We have one but this list is fine for your questions.

> Is Apache DS 1.0 ready for productions use ?

I'd say it's getting there for sure.  Take a look at the release
candidates out there.

I am looking to replace
> openLDAP and to use Apache DS with the Liferay portal server, which will
> have Apache DS support shortly according to their web site.

NICE!

> Is there a document that outlines Apache DS security configuration for
> such things as TLS/SSL support, Kerberos ?

Yes take a look at the authZ and authN doco on the User's Guide on our
site here:

http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/apacheds/docs/users/index.html

> Thanks and sorry for posting this to the Developer list!!

No problem.  Just keep posting here.  We do have a user list but it's
got tumble weed rolling through it.  Just use this list for now.

Thanks,
Alex