directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Henne <j.he...@levigo.de>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Doing away with JNDI interface
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:24:51 GMT
Alex Karasulu schrieb:
> The attempt to make JNDI the default interface for embedding the server
> is costing too much in overhead and complexity.  I would like the 1.1
> branch to make the core use a non-JNDI based interfaces as the primary
> means to embed ApacheDS.
what would be the target audience of this non-JNDI interface? The DHCP
server? The DNS server? If yes, I have some objections, mainly centered
around interoperability issues. With the current model, the DHCP server
could talk to a non DS direcrory implementation. Once those two are tied
together using a non-JNDI interface, this option is basically lost, or
has to be resurrected by wrapping JNDI.

Joerg Henne