directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ersin Er <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject Integrating ApacheDS into Slamd as the directory backend
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 22:59:53 GMT
Hi all,

It seems [1] that you have plans on replacing the Directory Backend of
Slamd with an embedded mechanism. We thought Apache Directory Server
(ApacheDS) [2] may be the tool you're looking for. ApacheDS is basically
an LDAP server which also has support for different access protocols
like NTP, Kerberos etc. And also it can work as embedded. In embedded
mode you only need to use standard JNDI API to access it.

It may be a good idea to give ApacheDS a try for Slamd. We would like to
help on any topic related to embedding ApacheDS and even further if you
need.

( BTW, we are currently using Slamd to test ApacheDS performance and we
have also configured ApacheDS as the backend for Slamd. )

Cheers,

--
Ersin Er
Apache Directory Project