directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [discussion] Lowering barrier for perspective committers
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 14:48:29 GMT
Richard,

Richard Scott wrote:
> I've been "pondering my navel" since this thread appeared, trying to
> decide if I should follow of the lead of the only other person I've seen
> "jump into the fray".  I only recently subscribed to this list, and I
> did so primarily because I was attracted by the "mix of ingredients".
> While I haven't participated in an open source community before, I have
> spent most of the past 12 years or so involved in some pretty heavy-duty
> "security-related" development projects - and also introduced a former
> employer to the wonders of Kerberos more than ten years ago (to
> extinguish the "rsh" abomination!!)   So, since I haven't seen anybody
> else dive into the Kerberos pool,  I might do so if you guys are really
> interested in having a little company there.  At this point, I've looked
> at the [Kerberos] code only superficially, but there doesn't appear to
> be a plethora of documentation there.  Is this a perceived area of need?

Oh yes the internal documentation on the Kerberos code base is virtually
nil.  The same applies to unit test cases.  Any such contributions would
be greatly appreciated.  Also this is a good way to get up to speed with
the code base, and a good way to become a mentored committer.

As stated before, this area, the Kerberos code, is in desperate need of
new committers.  You are very welcome Richard!

Alex