directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject WARNING : MINA realease 0.9.4 has been modified
Date Sun, 09 Jul 2006 00:14:07 GMT
Hi band !

While working on branches/apacheds/optimization-trunks branch, I have
modified the releases/mina/0.9.4 release.

I'm sorry about that, it will be reverted asap.

This is the second time it happens. I think that - beside being very
cautious while committing stuff -, we *must* avoid svn:externals on
release. This is DANGEROUS. In the current case, optimization-trunks
points on mina-0.9.4 release. If we have a branch that need to rely on a
released version of a component, I think we should point to a jar (and
as we use maven, this should not be a problem. We can also store sources
jar into maven, if needed), not to the release sources. If we intent to
modify the source, then we must branch the trunk.

Again, I'm sorry about this modification. *My* bad

Emmanuel.