directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Forking JDBM
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2006 14:28:27 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Looking at CVS it seems as though there has been activity by a single
> person last month.  Perhaps we can see if this guy will work with us.

Ok more info ....

I just talked to Jason Van Zyl and he reminded me that we had moved this
project ages ago with Alex Boisvert (JDBM founder) over to the Codehaus.

I totally forgot about this.  I feel stupid because I was one who did
the CVS to SVN conversion for Alex Boisvert in this move.  Anyway, now
there seems to be some major confusion.  Some people are developing on
it at the Codehaus and others at SF.

Effectively the move turned into another fork.  The stuff at the
Codehaus uses the org.codehaus package prefix while the stuff at SF has
not changed.  I really don't know what to do right now.  I'm contacting
the jdbm guys now to see what's going on with them.

I'll report more later.

Alex