directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [OT] Fascination with OSGi ( was [discussion] Lowering barrier for perspective committers)
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 18:57:26 GMT
Paul,

Man this is a ghost from the past :).  Nice to know you're out there and
still committing on Pico/Nano.

Paul Hammant wrote:
>>> o OSGi effort,
>> Would help out all I can to move this forward. Unfortunately the OSGi
>> effort is an effort that requires a big picture view of ADS internals
>> and project direction. My ignorance of both has impeded my efforts to
>> help with much with the OSGi effort to date.
>
> This is a question to many perhaps, what's the fascination with OSGi.

It's got a spec and is endorsed by big companies with lots of money and
people to put on it.

> To me it's a horrifyingly over-engineered framework.

Well that's an opinion.  I can feel that way at times though but perhaps
you should post this to the Felix mailing list and engage those peeps
that know more than I about it.

> If you feel this is inappropriate for this forum, please email me back
> personally.

NP.  You might want to ask this over at felix-dev@incubator.apache.org
though.

Alex