directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: [discussion] Lowering barrier for perspective committers
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 18:48:44 GMT
Timothy Bennett wrote:
> On 7/6/06, *Alex Karasulu* <aok123@bellsouth.net
> <mailto:aok123@bellsouth.net>> wrote:
>
>     The number of active committers on Apache Directory Server is dwindling
>     and we have many areas where a single developer has been working alone.
>     Some email threads have tried to address the issue of the lack of
>     enough
>     committers in specific areas: see threads [0] & [1].  So we are
>     suffering mostly in the following areas:
>
>     o OSGi effort,
>     o Kerberos protocol development,
>     o Changepw protocol development,
>     o DHCP protocol development, and
>     o DNS protocol development.
>

> As a former committer at Apache Avalon Merlin project and a current
> committer at Apache Felix, I'm highly interested in the OSGi effort at
> Apache Directory, and I'd like to be a part of helping in that effort.
> However, I know next to nothing about the internals of ADS, but I'm
> willing to learn.  And a good way may be to dig in and help document the
> code.

I think we all know your contributions on other projects and your a
great candidate for this especially with your involvement on Felix.  I
think it would be nice to have both you and John Conlon working with
Enrique on this stuff.

BTW code documentation and docs in general are far far more important to
me than writing the code itself.  Participation in the community is also
another important factor that is just as good as writing code.

Alex