directory-dev mailing list archives

From Trygve Laugstøl <tryg...@apache.org>
Subject Re: locking issue with apacheds 0.9 - URGENT !!!
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 07:44:57 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Ajay Upadhyaya a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>

> Hi !
>
>> I'm using apacheds0.9 on jdk 1.4. The ADS hangs intermittently, and
>> the thread dump shows it clearly. Any suggestion (fix) would be highly
>> appreciated.
>

> Well, just upgrade to ApacheDS-1.0-RC3. This is much more stable, and
> the kind of issue you have has been fixed. Be aware that 1.0-RC3 also
> has many problems, and that a 1.0-RC4 is being worked out (mid-july?) .
>
> Remember that 0.9 or 1.0-RCx are by no mean final releases, and that you
> may found bugs. 1.0-RC3 still has some memory leaks (which existed in
> previous versions, but were hidden by much more serious bugs :)

If you have a RC that is not of final release quality you should really
use another name than RC. If it really is that unstable it should still
be marked as an unstable release.

Release candidates usually means that "This is what I would like to
release, please test it and if everything is ok we'll rename it to 1.0"

--
Trygve