directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: locking issue with apacheds 0.9 - URGENT !!!
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 06:57:15 GMT
Ajay Upadhyaya a écrit :

> Hi,

Hi !

> I'm using apacheds0.9 on jdk 1.4. The ADS hangs intermittently, and
> the thread dump shows it clearly. Any suggestion (fix) would be highly
> appreciated.

Well, just upgrade to ApacheDS-1.0-RC3. This is much more stable, and
the kind of issue you have has been fixed. Be aware that 1.0-RC3 also
has many problems, and that a 1.0-RC4 is being worked out (mid-july?) .

Remember that 0.9 or 1.0-RCx are by no mean final releases, and that you
may found bugs. 1.0-RC3 still has some memory leaks (which existed in
previous versions, but were hidden by much more serious bugs :)

> Also, where can I get complete source of apacheds 0.9 release. The
> source zip at
> http://apache.us.lucid.dk/directory/apacheds/unstable/0.9/0.9.0/ is
> not complete... e.g. I could not locate sources for
> org.apache.ldap.common package ( and its sub packages). Can someone
> can direct me to the source of 0.9 release

If you want to get the sources, the best soltuion is to get them
directly from svn :
http://directory.apache.org/source-repository.html

Thank you for using ADS and thank you for the report. I hope this answer
helps :)

Emmanuel